Never, even on the coldest day, has a Book ever frozen on me.
I’m in the middle of a great book (Brad Thor’s “The Last Patriot”) and my Nook FROZE.
Yikes! Nothing I did (remember I am a Techy, so I know a few tricks, http://TelBitConsulting.com) worked. Rats. (I used my backup Nook app on my new HTC Aria)
Then I called Barnes & Noble Tech Support, 1-800-THE-BOOK, (how FUNNY is that…Barnes & Noble tech support…..?) and they told me what to do to UNFREEZE my Nook.
1. Pull off the back cover (there are tiny slots on each side to fingernail grab and pull)
2. Unscrew the battery screw and take out the battery.
3. Hold down the Power button for 1 minute (to drain the power completely).
4. Put the battery back in and secure it with the screw.
5. Put the cover back on.
6. Charge it for up to 4 hours (mine only took a few minutes to UNFREEZE). But I will have to keep charging it since it is severely uncharged.
Barnes & Noble Tech Support….how funny, but, they are great! 🙂